1. Posting your follow/unfollow stats.
No one cares about this but you, seriously, no one.
2. Daily horoscopes.
3. Sending automatic direct messages when someone follows you.
Technically speaking, that is considered spam and could get you blocked & banned.
4. Posting nothing but sales pitches.
Twitter is a conversation. Slamming someone in the head with your product is not engaging in conversation.
5. Devolving into an argument with someone who disagrees with you on something.
Just walk away, ignore the person. If you’re using Twitter to promote yourself as an author or a business, engaging with a troll or even just a regular follower who disagrees with you only makes you look bad.
6. Sending individual tweets to every single follower with a link to buy your book/product.
It’s spam. Stop it.
7. Using all caps, or alternating cApS.
It’s annoying. Stop it.
8. Being a robot.
It’s important to have a personality, unless you are a robot, then I can’t help you.
9. Not mixing it up.
If you post the same things every single day, it gets repetitive and incredibly boring.
10. Taking without giving.
If you want people to share your posts, you have to engage with them and share theirs. Quid pro quo.